Gulfstream Enterprises
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the home of Gulfstream Enterprises

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  KillBoard  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We are coming Back!
What to look out for in a alliance fleet EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:30 pm by Xyniia

» amarr bs abaddon vs apoc
What to look out for in a alliance fleet EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:39 pm by Blindman081

» Cheap shit ship competition.
What to look out for in a alliance fleet EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 3:42 pm by Blindman081

» what now??
What to look out for in a alliance fleet EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 9:14 am by Guest

» I hate pvp (The big grief thread)
What to look out for in a alliance fleet EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 5:12 am by Master Corruptor

» my skills
What to look out for in a alliance fleet EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 pm by Blindman081

» What to look out for in a alliance fleet
What to look out for in a alliance fleet EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:51 pm by Master Corruptor

» solo ratting
What to look out for in a alliance fleet EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:06 pm by Blindman081

» War declarations
What to look out for in a alliance fleet EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:28 pm by Guest

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What to look out for in a alliance fleet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Master Corruptor
Admin - Allmighty selfproclaimed GOD !
Master Corruptor

What to look out for in a alliance fleet Empty
PostSubject: What to look out for in a alliance fleet   What to look out for in a alliance fleet EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:36 am

Yesterday i went flying with several of the alliance members in highsec.
We started of with about 5 guys and steadily grew untill we reached 25 people...
Basically what i want you to do is to take over the fleet if the folowing signs start showing.

- If you notice the fleet do not have a designated fleetcommander, then step up and claim responsebility or leave the fleet.

- When you find 4 people in the fleet giving eachothers orders on what to do, tell them to be quiet, give everyone orders to dock up and find a good plan..... Or leave the fleet.

- Never jump to a fleetmember in a SS unles you start alligning for something directly afterwards.

- if you notice the fleetmembers find it convenient to stay at seperate voicecomms because the initial server can't hold all the people. By the time this happen you should be fleetcommander and order people to use one single voicecomm. Either is is TS, Vent or eve voice (eve voice is generally simpler and preferred)

---------------------------------------------------

You may think ''i'm not much of a fleetcommander... i haven't done it before...''
Well if you manage to see that the fleet is very disformed and completely tripping, then you got more than enough experience.
The simple idea to command a fleet is as follows.
You want the fleet to be moving as a single unit and you want stealthbombers or interceptors to scout around for enemies.
When calling targets then go for the main damage dealers first. allways call a primary target and a secondary target.
If you're not sure who to call for targets then ask the fleet for someone who can call targets.
I'm starting to regret that i did not do this yesterday... because if i had i would still have my megathron.
At least i have my pod and insurance.

Many of the alliance members in empire do not have major pvp experience, so you WILL be fine if you claim responsebility and say ''Everyone... since noone got the balls t pull this together, then i'm doing it. I am now fleetcommander. If you don't like it or you have more experience then i strongly sugest you leave or take my position''

With that said....

GO FORTH AND PROSPER !!!

flower
Back to top Go down
http://intca.omgforum.net

PostSubject: Re: What to look out for in a alliance fleet   What to look out for in a alliance fleet EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 8:57 am

Fleet command requires experience and training. If you've read the training tips that are posted in this forum it shouldn't be too hard. Other than that it demands full attention and a knack for anticipating situations. If you take up a fleet command you're a leader, so everyone in the fleet should (ideally) follow your orders to the letter. If the other pilots don't listen to you, then you're not a fleet commander. Don't hesitate to use abusive language to show them who's boss, since in a battle situation pleasantries are useless. It's like the army; you have to shout to get the job done.
Defiant guys are nice folks but they lack discipline. That's the problem in my opinion. We need to instill some discipline in these fellas before we take command of the fleet, otherwise it's no use flying in large formations. You might not see me in fleets often (probably not at all) but that's because I've seen their setups and fleet commanders. With the exception of Deathsembrace, noone can instill discipline and thus their fleets are ragtag formations of wannabe pvpers. Also, I didn't think it possible but their ship setups both suck and blow. If you let everyone try out their "perfect" setup, and that everyone hasn't fired a shot ever, that fleet is doomed to fail. Follow the advice given elsewhere on this forum for ship setups and at least you'll die last and deal the most damage.
Back to top Go down
Master Corruptor
Master Corruptor

PostSubject: Re: What to look out for in a alliance fleet   What to look out for in a alliance fleet EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:51 pm

thank you for the backup.

=)
Back to top Go down
http://intca.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to look out for in a alliance fleet   What to look out for in a alliance fleet Empty

Back to top Go down

What to look out for in a alliance fleet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gulfstream Enterprises :: Training Discussions-
Jump to: