Gulfstream Enterprises
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the home of Gulfstream Enterprises

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  KillBoard  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We are coming Back!
solo ratting EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:30 pm by Xyniia

» amarr bs abaddon vs apoc
solo ratting EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:39 pm by Blindman081

» Cheap shit ship competition.
solo ratting EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 3:42 pm by Blindman081

» what now??
solo ratting EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 9:14 am by Guest

» I hate pvp (The big grief thread)
solo ratting EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 5:12 am by Master Corruptor

» my skills
solo ratting EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 pm by Blindman081

» What to look out for in a alliance fleet
solo ratting EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:51 pm by Master Corruptor

» solo ratting
solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:06 pm by Blindman081

» War declarations
solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:28 pm by Guest

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

solo ratting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blindman081
High-Sec Terrorist
High-Sec Terrorist
Blindman081

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 8:40 am

I hate how I am rarely on but when I am on no one else is on. So I want to solo rat, great too bad my first attempt at this in my brand new brutix resulted in me losing my ship lol!

I see you guys solo ratting all the time, but what are you flying?? What are you in that the rats wont warp scram & web you?

Im back to using my damned assault frigate that wont kill a damn thing. So its either HAC or Battleship I guess?

I really want to like EVE and play it when no one is on but I dont know, why am I playing it if I cant have fun?
Back to top Go down
http://intca.omgforum.net

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 8:43 am

noob. I rat in a BC, the cane. Keep switching between AC and Artie setups, not sure which I like better anymore. 49k HP and can tank 225dps passive. Well putting out 480dps. All according to EFT, the dps numbers have actually been spot on. Setup is full t2.
Back to top Go down
Blindman081
High-Sec Terrorist
High-Sec Terrorist
Blindman081

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 8:45 am

I am a moron at fitting ships. Seriously.

But what the hell do you do when you get scrammed and webbed by the frigates? I webbed the frigates and sent in my drones but they couldnt do a damn thing to kill them.
Back to top Go down
Blindman081
High-Sec Terrorist
High-Sec Terrorist
Blindman081

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 9:49 am

look I really need help with this, maybe blasters would be better than using railguns since they cant track to save their life.

I just want to be able to solo rat if I have to, and be able to take out frigates, cruisers, and battleship sized rats without getting popped by the rats.
Back to top Go down
Blindman081
High-Sec Terrorist
High-Sec Terrorist
Blindman081

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 10:47 am

ok check the brutix and ferox threads shortly - I made some better fits that cost more but should allow me to survive + they include ecm drones.
Back to top Go down

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:06 am

5x light drones take out the frigates, anything 50k or less bounty goes down pretty fast. With my new passive tank able to handle 225dps I don't go past 25% shields anymore (which is where recharge must even out with their dmg output). Anything the drones can't take out go down in one volley of my AC setup.
Back to top Go down

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:08 am

If you were a pure long range setup (and so have no tracking for the frigates when they get close) and your drone skills weren't good enough where your drones aren't popping the small frigates then maybe fit some sort of missle launcher(s) or smartbomb(s)? Or kill off the frigates first then hit the big targets.
Back to top Go down
Blindman081
High-Sec Terrorist
High-Sec Terrorist
Blindman081

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:21 am

The frigs were 3km out and i had him webbed, but my drones still couldnt kill him or even hit him. I am training up ecm drones so that should fix that problem.
Back to top Go down

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:27 pm

I use the raven, i think its the best at ratting out here, ive used Dominixs Ravens, Megas, and Rokhs but i love my raven Smile
Back to top Go down

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:55 pm

Let me get this straight... You lost a bc to rats? That is difficult to accomplish, even with a lousy fitting. Go back to EFT and aim for 350 guristas specific tank. Your damage potential with your skills will not be that great (about 310 dps without the drones) but it's adequate for bs (might take a little more time). Don't fit a mwd for the time being since ratting setups don't require mwds (you'll have to store the brutix in the pos hangar so that you don't move about without a mwd).
Back to top Go down

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:37 pm

yea off the top of my head u want ur resist extreamly high for uhm Thermal and kinetic i belive, for guristas, Actully if you look at my toons Bio it has a list of what damaged the rats do, and waht damage you need to do to get the best posible DMG output on em.
Back to top Go down
Blindman081
High-Sec Terrorist
High-Sec Terrorist
Blindman081

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 2:04 pm

Niennor Verukoi wrote:
Let me get this straight... You lost a bc to rats? That is difficult to accomplish, even with a lousy fitting. Go back to EFT and aim for 350 guristas specific tank. Your damage potential with your skills will not be that great (about 310 dps without the drones) but it's adequate for bs (might take a little more time). Don't fit a mwd for the time being since ratting setups don't require mwds (you'll have to store the brutix in the pos hangar so that you don't move about without a mwd).

im telling you I SUCK at fitting ships, I need help! Sad

So yeah when I was out there two frigs webbed me and one scrammed me. I webbed the scrammer and sent my drones after him but he was too fast for them to hit him. And my railguns dont track for anything. I was too far away from the BS to shoot him and too close to the frigates to hit them.
Back to top Go down

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 2:52 pm

for ratting just use light or med drones... I use 5xlight drones (primarily because of drone space on matar ships). The light drones tear the frigates to shreds and my drone skills are not very high at all. Though I'm still perplexed how you got owned by two frigs and one bs.....
Back to top Go down
Blindman081
High-Sec Terrorist
High-Sec Terrorist
Blindman081

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 2:58 pm

I just told you how I did Razz

I did have light drones, hobgoblin I's.

I got webbed by both frigs, and scrammed by one. My drones couldnt catch the one frigate even though I had him webbed. WIth railguns the tracking is so shitty I couldnt hit the guys that were 3km from me (frigs). I was 55km from the battleship when he popped me so I was too far to shoot him or get close enough to fight back. I made the HUGE mistake of not putting a tank on the Brutix and thinking that my 1100m/s speed would be enough to keep me alive.
Back to top Go down
Blindman081
High-Sec Terrorist
High-Sec Terrorist
Blindman081

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:06 pm

But anyways I am going to just use ECM drones from now on... why not? They are cheap insurance ESPECIALLY if you get jumped by a neut while you are ratting.

I decided to go with the Ferox. I am cursed on using brutix's lol...Ive gone through 2 or 3 of them now. Check my Ferox fit and let me know how it stacks up. Its not perfect but I think I did "OK" fitting it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

solo ratting Empty
PostSubject: Re: solo ratting   solo ratting Empty

Back to top Go down

solo ratting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gulfstream Enterprises :: Training Discussions-
Jump to: