Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Share | 

PvP Wing, Part 2: The spacecraft equation

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: PvP Wing, Part 2: The spacecraft equation   Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:16 am

This second part of the PvP thread aims to propose, discuss and finalize ship setups for the ships of our choice.
Some things that should be taken into consideration from the beginning:
1. The PvP setup is totally different from the PvE fit. The former is built based on the fact that the battle is going to be over in 3 - 5 minutes tops, while the latter requires constant shield or armor regeneration. For this reason, no self shield or armor repping should be included in a pvp setup. In large fleets, this role is filled by the logistics ships. The pvp ship setup should offer the most damage and give a reasonable shield or armor buffer, without hindering agility and speed.
2. High slots: Focus should be given to t2 guns or missile launchers with t2 or faction ammunition. Small roaming gangs must favor damage over range, while fleet battleships usually assume the role of snipers (range over damage). Do not fit cloaking devices on small non-covert ops ships as their locking time is severely increased. Roaming ops battleships should have the best possible shield/armor buffer, preferably close range ammo (with the ability to switch to long range should the situation demand it - the raven is preferred over the other bs's for this reason), and they should have the ability to remote repair another ship. Energy modules (destabilizers, nosferatus) should be left for role-specific ships (e.g. curse).
3. Medium slots: If the ship is a cruiser-class shield tank, a large shield extender or two are required, together with invulnerability fields. It is implied that all pvp setups should sport a microwarp drive. Assault frigates in particular benefit from a very small signature radius and can be also equipped with an afterburner. For small ships, shield extenders are rarely fitted, since they rely mainly on their speed to avoid damage. In ships where capacitor energy is sorely needed, a cap booster (t1, meta 4 variant) should be the preferred mode of energy boosting, and not cap rechargers or batteries. Always bear in mind that pvp ships need not be cap stable; a capacitor duration of 1 - 2 minutes with the microwarp online is more than enough. For small and cruiser-class ships, a stasis web and a warp disruptor/scrambler are also standard equipment. Special attention is directed towards the Gallente recons and the tier 2 interceptors that have a range bonus in disruptors/scramblers. They should be fitted with a scrambler, since as of Quantum Rise, it can shut down enemy microwarp drives, thus rendering enemy fast ships nearly immobile. Fleet battleships and long range ships in general should always be equipped with one or two sensor boosters and tracking computers, to improve targeting in roaming ops or sniping groups.
4. Low slots: If the ship is a cruiser-class armor tank, it should have adaptive membranes for the resistances, but not with an armor plate. Medium and small ships are speed tanks and as such can be significantly slowed down by a heavy armor module. That is why a shield extender (medium slot module) is preferred over low-slot modules in such cases. Generally, for medium/small ships, the low slots should be filled with propulsion-aiding modules such as overdrive injectors and nanofiber internal structures (t2). For armored battleships, one or two 1600mm armor plate should be fitted, along with damage control II and a few energized adaptive nano membranes II, to bring the armor buffer high enough to withstand one (or two) doomsday device activations from a titan (yes, that can happen in a fleet fight as well).
5. Rigs: As of Quantum Rise, and with the speed nerf, polycarbon rigs have lost their magic and are therefore optional since they don't contribute that much to the speed of the ship. They can be expensive substitutes for low-slot speed modules (nanofiber internal structures), so that another low-slot module can be fitted there, but their use is limited otherwise. With the exception of role-specific ships (see falcon/rook for ecm boost) and fleet battleships (weapon or trimark armor rigs), rigs are thankfully not compulsory in roaming ops, thus significantly reducing the cost of the ship setups.

Based on these facts (and they are facts, believe me), the discussion is now open for various ship setups.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PvP Wing, Part 2: The spacecraft equation   Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:26 pm

yea for pvp ill def be flying a harpy, i cant remember the set up i normaly use, ill go lookin for it but it was like 4 or 5 tech 2 blasters *ones witht he most power* then a tech 2 ab, small tech 2 shield booster, warp scram, and then 2 or 3 tech two rail dmg output things, cant remember the name ill edit this when i get the chance to look over the setup again, its really good, 3 of us took out a fairy well fited raven with this setup
Back to top Go down
Master Corruptor
Admin - Allmighty selfproclaimed GOD !

PostSubject: Re: PvP Wing, Part 2: The spacecraft equation   Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:57 pm

i'm working on my deimos setup as well...
Will edit this post and put in the final setup once it's complete

----------

So far i have this :

[Deimos, PvP]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Armor Explosive Hardener II

Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II
Prototype ECCM I Omni Sensor Cluster

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
[empty high slot]

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

Valkyrie II x5

-----------------

Stats :
Effective Hp - 25.600 (uniform)
Resists - 78 - 83 - 91 - 76 (em - thermal - kinetic - explosive)
Dps - just above 600 with drones.
Volley damage - allmost 1600
Sensor strenght - 29.5 (opposed to the stock 15)
Speed w\mwd - 1700+
Capstable when mwd is off Razz

---------------

Ok that's it right now... as i said i will edit this post along with recomendations from you guys.

View user profile http://intca.omgforum.net
Blindman081
High-Sec Terrorist
High-Sec Terrorist

PostSubject: Re: PvP Wing, Part 2: The spacecraft equation   Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:28 am

This is my problem, I have very high armor tank skills and it seems most ships and setups focus on shield tanking.

Another is that the abaddon battleship that I have is not a beam laser ship - it is only worth a damn with pulse lasers. I did fit mine in EFT with sensor dampeners, and it would make a ship that has a 100km targeting range get reduced to 26km, well within range of gamma crystal'd modal neutron blasters. T2 blasters eat up too much cap, and the crystals do the same as faction crystals. Not to mention with T2 crystals there is a HUGE hit to tracking speed (bad).

When I think of doing pvp, I cant help but think my character does not have the skills to fly anything in a pvp fight what so ever.

So tell me - on a battleship whats more important, having armor reppers and repairing yourself or having lots of plates and having a huge buffer like 200,000 effective hit points? If no one is there to rep you, you will not survive.

I have no problems fitting ships for pve, but have LOTS of issues fitting for PVP...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Free ranging abaddon fit   Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:04 am

Highs:
7 x Mega Pulse Laser II with Scorch, Amarr Multifrequency and Amarr Radio crystals
1 x Remote Large armor repairer (preferably the 'Arup' variant)

Mids:
1 x Quad Lif Fueled Booster Rockets
1 x Sensor Booster II
1 x Heavy Electrochemical capacitor booster with 800 cap booster charges
1 x Tracking computer (with both scripts available)

Lows:
2 x 1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates
1 x Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
1 x Damage Control II
1 or 2 x Heat Sink II
1 or 2 x Tracking enhancer II

Rigs:
3 x Trimark Armor Pump I

Drones: whatever you wish, but I would suggest a quintet of light armor repping drones, a quintet of light damage drones and a quintet of light ecm drones (they can save your life if you get locked by a lone scrambler)

Blindman, you should be able to fly this setup without a problem
Bear in mind that the MWD doesn't have to be turned on all the time, but only when you need to move fast towards a direction. If you do that, the cap will last for 10 minutes, with an armor buffer of 140,000 effective hit points, and that is quite a tank. It can shrug off two doomsday devices and still fly home a winner. With a few modification it can fit beam lasers to act as a sniper.
Back to top Go down
Blindman081
High-Sec Terrorist
High-Sec Terrorist

PostSubject: Re: PvP Wing, Part 2: The spacecraft equation   Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:47 pm

ill post up the fit I have on my computer at home sometime soon (at work now), basically I made a buffer tank with around 180000 effective hit points, 2 sensor dampeners (so that if a battleship was targeting me I can make his targeting range reduce from 100km to 26km - perfect range for pulse lasers).

BUT for now I am not focusing on the battleship skills unless I get a ton of money to redo my setup, I dont know... I will probably just fit it a little better when I get a lot of isk again but will not plan to use it for awhile. Right now I am focusing my skills on interceptors and assault frigs -> then either interdictors or heavy assault cruisers.

I want to make a ship that is an energy vampire. I will look up a fit that I made for *some* ship, I think amarr, that will suck someones cap dry (2300energy every 5 seconds) at 75km. That just screams badass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PvP Wing, Part 2: The spacecraft equation   Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:16 pm

We posting setups here? If so here is my current Vaga setup. This any good for whenever do our pvp stuff niennor, or you making a new post for the suggested setups? I just want to double check to make sure I have the skills for it.

Lows:
Overdrive t2
Overdrive t2
Gyrostabilizer t2
Gyrostabilizer t2
Gyrostabilizer t2

Mids:
10mb AB t2
Large Shield Extender t2
Invulnerability Field t2
Invulnerability Field t2

Highs:
425mm Autocannon t2
425mm Autocannon t2
425mm Autocannon t2
425mm Autocannon t2
425mm Autocannon t2
empty slot

Rigs:
Projectile Burst Aerator t1
Projectile Collision Accelerator t1

Drones:
5xHornets t1

Stats :
Effective Hp - 26,998
Resists - 87 - 80 - 70 - 74 (em - thermal - kinetic - explosive)
Dps - 373 w/drones
Volley damage - 858
Sensor strength - 14
Speed w\ab - 1102
Capstable

Last edited by Vilmalith on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PvP Wing, Part 2: The spacecraft equation   Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:32 pm

So when you posting suggested pvp op setups for the ships? And, sorry if I missed it, but when the first op scheduled for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PvP Wing, Part 2: The spacecraft equation   Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:47 pm

ok i finally got my harpy fit up again here it goes im not sure if im using the right blasters

4x Light Nuetron blaster II
Warp scrambler I
Small Shield extender
1 mn AB II
small shield booster II
2x magnetic stabalizer II
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PvP Wing, Part 2: The spacecraft equation   Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:56 am

The most lethal wing of recon ships is the Arazu/Lachesis-Huggin-Curse combination. Three players flying these ships cooperatively can stop ANY ship on its tracks and deal enough damage to take down anything from battleship and below within seconds. I would strongly advise training for one of them, since they're invaluable in any fleet, relatively cheap to buy, can cloak/decloak and fire in a fraction of a second and can web/scramble/suck dry/target paint/sensor dampen/track disrupt all in one neat package. I have developed tactics for such a wing that with enough practice will make a trio of players invincible, even when flying alone. Compliment them with a rook and you've got yourself the ultimate strike force.
Back to top Go down
Master Corruptor

PostSubject: Re: PvP Wing, Part 2: The spacecraft equation   Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:23 am

Currently 35 ish days away from a usable lachesis.

But will not focus at it untill i can fly the thanatos at least...

PostSubject: Re: PvP Wing, Part 2: The spacecraft equation   Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:25 am

according to evemon I could be in a huginn in 15d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PvP Wing, Part 2: The spacecraft equation   

Back to top Go down

PvP Wing, Part 2: The spacecraft equation
Page 1 of 1